Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Update

The last couple of weeks, Jackson has been smiling more, giggling and also hanging out with Dad a LOT. Coincidence? I'll let the blog pundits decide.

Last weekend, Jackson and Missy came to watch a basketball tournament I was in. Missy surprised me and dressed Jackson the coolest baby hoops gear I've ever seen (thanks to Missy's Aunt Mary for sending). It even had the number 33 on the jersey, once made famous by the Basketball Jesus (Larry Bird). Most people don't know that I really wanted to name him Lawrence Bird Schneller (and I was a little bit serious). Here's the outfit:
And check this out. I took care of Jackson this whole weekend pretty much all by myself. Yep, I did. Missy needed to work this weekend so I spent lots of time with my little buddy. On Saturday, we spent the day watching football and baseball. All I can say about Notre Dame is thank God Jackson won't remember anything about this season. We stink. On Sunday, I took J down to Los Altos to see Papa & Tutu (the "double G's"), the Watsons, Peggy and of course Grandpa and Grandma. I think one or two people noticed I was there, as they pushed me out of the way to get to the superstar. Not bitter or anything.

I have a lot more confidence that I can take care of the little guy all by myself - not that I didn't think I could, but I really hadn't had to watch him much by myself. The first of many boys weekends. It was great.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so sweet...glad you had a nice Daddy and Jack weekend, Cas!! Have you taught him how to hide his lips yet?

Anonymous said...

I'll be there in T minus 152 hours. Get ready.

- auntie E

DCooley said...

More updates. More posts. More pictures. We want more! We want more!

Mama Cools said...

We want MORE Jackson!!

Anonymous said...

NO KIDDING! YOU GUYS ARE SLACKING ON THE UPDATES!

-edie

Anonymous said...

WE ALWAYS WANT MORE OF JACKSON!!!! HE'S A LOVEY!!! LOVE FROM A VERY UNBIASED GRANNY LIN
P.S. HOPE WE CAN SEE YOU WHEN YOU'RE IN TOWN EDIE.

Anonymous said...

Jackson is cute -- but CAS you are the cutest Dad!

Thanks for the updates and photos,

Aunie Peg