Friday, February 29, 2008

Jackson's details


I know I've been posting pictures, but It's been a while since I updated you on Jackson's likes, dislikes, quirks, stats, etc. so this post will take care of all that. To go along with that, here are more pictures from the kid's 6th month of life. I must admit that he has become so much more entertaining these past few weeks!


Stats at 6-month appointment:


Height: 27 inches

Weight: 18 lbs 6 oz (whoa)

Head: big


New developments:


-> We have conquered solid foods. So far, there are no allergies and really no aversions to any of the foods. His favorites are pears, squash, peas and sweet potatoes. We are also working on mastering the sippy-cup. Right now, he just chews on it, but it's only been a week.


-> Crawling- sort of. It's more of an army crawl, but it's fast. I've noticed the past few days that he is starting to get up on his knees, so I think he'll be doing the real thing soon.


-> He says "Mama". He doesn't know what it means, but who cares?


-> SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! Need I say more?


-> I think he makes fun of my laugh. Every now and then, he'll do this high-pitched laugh/cackle thing that I'm pretty sure is his way of mocking me. I guess I'll have no way of knowing for sure until he can talk.


-> He is beginning to understand cause and effect. It has just been amazing to watch him change from this helpless baby, into a little boy who likes to knock over blocks, look at books and play with his train. It gets more and more fun each day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Using a sippy cup! What a smarty! Hunter really got the hang of it when I switched to a straw cup. Apparently the straw helps them transition to regular cup better too. Here is a link to our favorite cup, the Nuby Two Handles Straw Flip Cup....http://www.rightstart.com/global/store/product~item~6457~dept~feeding~cat~solid+feeding.html
Happy Feeding!
love,
allison

Anonymous said...

Using a sippy cup! What a smarty! Hunter really got the hang of it when I switched to a straw cup. Apparently the straw helps them transition to regular cup better too. Here is a link to our favorite cup, the Nuby Two Handles Straw Flip Cup....http://www.rightstart.com/global/store/product~item~6457~dept~feeding~cat~solid+feeding.html
Happy Feeding!
love,
allison

DCooley said...

Some good pictures again. I like the one you put in this post. The comments are classic. Sharis and I just looked through all 3 sets of pictures and laughed the whole time. You should start a consulting business that comments on kid's pictures. In your free time, you could go comment on our photos on Flickr (you need a Flickr or Yahoo! ID to do it).

Aaaand you could upload all your photos to Flickr so we could comment on yours too (I am going to keep pushing Flickr until you switch). I always want to make comments on your pictures.

Natalie said...

I looooove the pic in this post, too!!!!

Natalie said...

I looooove the pic in this post, too!!!!

Missy said...

Thanks, Dan! At least someone (other than me) thinks I'm funny.

Anonymous said...

Your comment about being funny was funny, Miss.

xoxoxoxGranny Lin

Mama Cools said...

Oh boy! Another Allison tip!! You know that thing is as good as bought by me.

Missy said...

You are hilarious (I think i'll buy it too) :)