Friday, March 21, 2008

Standing up

Yesterday afternoon during what was supposed to be Jackson's naptime, I could hear him crying in his bedroom. He wasn't crying too hard, so I figured I would let him go for a few minutes to see if he could get himself back to sleep. So about 10 minutes goes by and I decide to go check on him. . . I opened the door and there was Jackson standing in his crib, supporting himself with one hand on the crib rail and he was holding on for dear life to one of the strings on his crib mobile. I think he had gotten himself up and then couldn't figure out how to get back down, so he was probably in that position for at least 10 minutes!

In response, I took down the mobile before putting him in bed last night. I thought (or hoped) that this was just a fluke, but when I went to get him this morning, there he was, standing in his crib waiting for me! I have to admit that it's REALLY cute, but I don't think I'm ready for this!

No comments: